February 05, 2014

Love notes: Industrial Sydney

You will be unsurprised to hear that as a kid I excited and amazed by the idea of anything even a little bit old.  Since Sydney isn't that old a city, much of its brick-and-mortar heritage comes in the form of old warehouses and other remnants of its industrial past.

I've always loved big old factories and train yards, and while New York has some incredible architectural history, I'm usually wandering among a more polished history than I'd usually seek out in Sydney.  So, in honour of the grit which isn't often to be found on the Upper East Side, a quick tribute to industrial Sydney.













These last two images are of The Grounds of Alexandria, a sprawling cafe in the inner-city suburb of Alexandria.  I've seen and read so much about this stunning place since it opened a few years back that it will be a definite must-visit on my next trip home.

All of the city images from this post are taken from the fabulous blog Sydney - City and Suburbs, which I had a fabulous time scrolling through this morning.  Images of the Grounds at Alexandria are taken from this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment