February 26, 2014

It's a sign

It's snowing again right now.  I don't want to talk about it.

I think winter is getting to us.  I'm not a doctor, so I don't know the precise psychological effects of a prolonged stay on the inside of a snowglobe, but I've noticed that the city has gotten pretty snarky lately.  Specifically, the signs.  Is it just me, or have they taken on an attitude?  They have things to say, damn it, and they won't be ignored any longer!  Click through for a roundup of some of the sass I've gotten lately.

4th Avenue Pub, Booklyn.  At least their dead-end jobs involve liquor?



...and then come here when your brakes wear out! Outside an auto body shop in Prospect Heights.


Either I'm a total chucklehead or this actually was still a very confusing lock. Bit of both?  At Sit & Wonder, Brooklyn.


 You don't know me, Q train.

 A relic from warmer, happier, sexier times.  Sycamore on Cortelyou Rd., Brooklyn.


Finally, it isn't a signboard, but it's good to see that the Strand has wrapped their collective head around Australian culture.  Which leads me to...



My favourite soup!

Be careful out there!  It's cold and people (and things) are grumpy.  And remember, if a sign is mean to you, it's probably just jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment