November 12, 2013

Sneaking in a little Christmas

Anyone who knows me will be unsurprised to hear me say that I love Christmas.  I don't know that I actually know anyone who gets more into Christmas than I do, except for my mum.  The day after Halloween I start looking around anxiously for who might judge me for making my holiday playlist.  I start looking around on the Pottery Barn and West Elm websites for the new season's decorations.  I want to put peppermint in everything.

Now, I know that not everyone is on board with my impulse to start Christmas as early as possible.  Which is why, in these sensitive pre-Thanksgiving weeks, I like to keep my Christmas cheer a little on the down low.   This last week or so I've been doing a couple of things to sneak a little bit of Christmas into my day, and it's made all the difference for my attitude during what's turned out to be a pretty stressful few days. 


Sneaking in a little Christmas

1.  Holiday drinks are in at Starbucks!  I got a peppermint mocha today, and it was heavenly.
2.  Red lipstick perks me up all year round, but these days it makes me feel particularly Christmassy.
3.  I love these salad plates from West Elm.  So perfect for your holiday table, and so friendly, too!
4.  Bring in a little sparkle to your space, like this great big gold initial -- no-one even has to know your motivation.
5.  If you haven't seen Desk Set, watch it this week.  It's fabulous, Katharine Hepburn will make you want to be a cooler, feistier version of yourself, and since it isn't strictly a Christmas movie your room mate will have no grounds to make fun of you.  It's on Netflix!
6.  Every year I say I'm going to get a pair of touch screen gloves so I can actually use my iPhone in the winter.  Maybe this will be the year I finally do it?  These ones are so cute, and warm!
7.  A nice bright red nail polish ought to get you in the right mood - I painted my nails this colour yesterday!
8.  Go on, put in your headphones and play yourself a little Christmas music.  It's mid-November, and I'm sure not judging.  

What's your favourite way to sneak a little (early) Christmas spirit into your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment